Sunday, February 22, 2009

WA5 draft 2

Waiting in the church. One last time. This was no dress rehearsal. My perfect day had finally come. The priest walked by asking if everything was going smoothly. “Yes,” I replied, “and it better stay that way. This is my perfect day and nothing, I mean nothing will ruin it for me.”
“Yes ma’am” the priest replied timidly.
“Good” I said turning my head away from him. “Don’t you have some blessings to do or something.” He quickly turned walked away with a swift gait. I stood up and peered around the church. There he was. I walked over to him as he admired his sugar look alike that rested on top of a tremendous wedding cake. “Harold, I need to talk to you.”
“Honey don’t you know it’s bad luck to see the-”
“I need to talk to you” I commanded.
“Well if it’s that urgent” he responded.
“It is.” I said lowering my voice. “This is my perfect day. Do you hear me? My perfect day. It’s going to be perfect or else. Do I make myself clear?”
“Y-Yes honey” He stammered. I hesitated for a slight moment to reinforce the seriousness of the conversation. Then I left him standing there as I walked back to my dressing room. I needed one final glance into the mirror before the ceremony. Gazing into the mirror I noticed my dress, it was perfect, my hair and nails, perfect. My shoes, my earrings, my necklace, everything was perfect! The deep sound of an organ resonated through my head. I heard the shuffling of feet into pews. As the shuffling died down and the ceremony was about to commence I heard the church doors open. Uhg, a late guest ruining my perfect day. It’s probably Harold’s brother, what a slob. Why did the music stop what’s going on? Who’s voice is that? It’s so rough and barbaric. Suddenly an outburst of screams accompanies the sound of a brawl. I open the door and in horror see a disgusting animal mauling my poor Harold. I shriek! The diseased, flea infested, beast is hauled off of Harold. Harold grasps his face and screams. Blood runs down the side of his face and stains the rug. My perfect day is ruined! Harold is going to pay. The priest is going to pay. That animal is going to pay. Everyone is going to pay. I run out of the church tears streaming down my face, freezing and falling into the snow. I run to my car and blast the heat. My perfect day was ruined. I never want to see any of those people ever again. I am so alone. Why did this have to happen to me? My life is over. All I want now is to be alone. Why is everything in life so hard?

No comments: